Monday, April 26, 2010

Mothers Day Craft Gift

Dads, are you looking for an extra special gift for Mothers Day that the Mother of your child will love? Try making a handprint poem with your little darling’s handprint. It’s easy.

You will need a paper plate, card stock, or something to put your child’s prints on.
Non-toxic washable paint.
a small sponge brush and a copy of this poem.

Take child’s hand and paint a fine layer of paint on it with a small sponge brush. Gently press child’s hand on item. Let dry.Put the date on your masterpiece. Print the poem below on to the back of the paper plate, inside the fold of the card stock or attach to the item.

You can even make Mom an apron! Use the same technique but purchase a plain white apron from a crafts store along with non-toxic fabric paint to make the handprints. You could even outline your child hands with a permanent marker. Don’t forget the date! You canprint the poem on transfer paper using your home computer (foloow instructions on transfer paper) and iron it on the apron too.

Handprint Poem

Dear Mom,
I miss you when we're not together
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I've gotten
since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
the years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
when and where and why?
So look upon this handprint (these handprints for more than one child)
that’s hanging on your wall. (Can use pantry wall if making an apron)
And memories will come back of me,
when I was very small.

Love,
Child’s Name

No comments:

Post a Comment